CANOPY SOLUTIONS SPECIALIZES IN LOW-IMPACT TREE REMOVAL. IN FACT, MOST PROPERTIES ARE LEFT IN BETTER CONDITION THAN WHEN WE STARTED. EVERY ASPECT OF A REMOVAL, FROM POWER LINE DROPS, TRAFFIC CONTROL, COMPLICATED SET-UP PROCEDURES AND COMPLEX RIGGING SYSTEMS, TO GREAT CLEAN-UP, ARE CAREFULLY HANDLED FOR YOU.
What you need to know about removing a tree from your Kirkland property
- If you need to have a significant tree removed from a private property with no conditions, you will need to fill out a tree removal notification form, which has no fees associated with it.
- If you need tree removal on a property with conditions or you are removing more than 2 trees, then you will need a tree removal permit, which requires a $200 fee. An arborist report is usually required though you may submit photos for trees with obvious defects or trees causing damage to your property.
What is Kirkland’s definition of a “significant” tree?
Trees with trunks greater than 6 inches in diameter, measured 4 ½ ft. from the ground
Property conditions that trigger a Tree Removal Permit
- Request is for the removal of 1 or both of the last 2 significant trees remaining on the subject property
- Property has a new residence built within the last 5 years
- Property contains a Native Growth Protection Easement (NGPE)
- Property within 100 feet of a critical area (streams, slopes with a grade 15% or greater, wetlands)
- Property containing subdivision restrictions listed on deed or plat map
- Property removing a tree along the shoreline of Lake Washington
If you have any questions concerning a tree removal on your Kirkland property, call the City of Kirkland’s Planning and Community Development Department at 425-587-3225.
13450 SE 242nd Street
Kent, WA 98042
Monday – Friday: 9 AM – 6 PM
Saturday: By Appt. only
Sunday: By Appt. only
If you would like more information, or to schedule an appointment, please fill out the form below and one of our staff members will get back to you.