SPECIALIZING IN LOW-IMPACT TREE REMOVAL, MOST PROPERTIES ARE LEFT IN BETTER CONDITION THAN WHEN WE STARTED. EVERY ASPECT OF A REMOVAL, FROM POWER LINE DROPS, TRAFFIC CONTROL, COMPLICATED SET-UP PROCEDURES AND COMPLEX RIGGING SYSTEMS, TO GREAT CLEAN-UP, ARE CAREFULLY HANDLED FOR YOU.
What you need to know about tree removal in Covington
Several years ago, the City of Covington passed the Tree Preservation Ordinance to preserve more existing trees in order to maintain a viable tree canopy for the city as well as to increase property values and privacy for residential areas.
As a home or business owner, you are exempt from obtaining a tree removal permit as long as you meet the following requirements (which most of you probably do).
- Residential sites 1 acre or less as long as trees are not in critical areas
- Limited removal of trees on existing developed residential property between 1 and 10 acres within 35 ft. of existing building and 15 ft. of accessory building
- Commercial or industrial sites 2 acres or less with trees not in a critical area
- Sites with less than 20 significant trees or less
- Emergency removal of hazard trees
What’s a critical area?
Examples of critical areas are wetlands, stream corridors, geological areas prone to erosion or landslides or a native growth protected area.
If you have questions regarding tree removal or the tree preservation ordinance, please call the City of Covington at 253-638-1110.
13450 SE 242nd Street
Kent, WA 98042
Monday – Friday: 9 AM – 6 PM
Saturday: By Appt. only
Sunday: By Appt. only
If you would like more information, or to schedule an appointment, please fill out the form below and one of our staff members will get back to you.